Topic: Computer Technician Services
EQ: "How can a Computer Technician best provide service to a small business?"

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Additional Post #1

 First of all, I hope I am doing this correctly by basically giving an update on where I am in my Senior Project. To get into it though, I am currently waiting for a call or to call a computer technician who runs his own computer repair shop at the Claremont Village. Right off the top you can tell my senior project is going ta have to do with computers. It was actually supposed to be in Film Producing initially. At the end of last year, I found a mentor, whom I meet in the ROP Film class, that offered me and another fellow student internships. Unfortunately because of communication difficulties the end of the summer was approaching and we weren't able to get our mentorship started in time, so I did my ten hours else where. I didn't think I would be able to find another producer easily so I decided to email and call the local computer repair shops and see if any could help me out. Thankfully on the 22nd of August I received a call back with someone willing to help me out but mentioned he will at San Francisco for a week. What I am mostly focused on right now is being able to get a interview scheduled with him. That's where I am so far now.

When it comes down to a specific topic, I probably will like to follow through with the business running a computer repair shop because a lot of the research that I've read mentioned that advertising and getting your name out there for your shop is hard, and that the biggest obstacle that gets in the way of your success are the big guys. By big guys I mean like Best Buy/Geek Squad. Of course there's some advantages over the big guys, such as when someone recommends you by the word of mouth, the person who received the recommendation follow through with it because it is more likely they will get similar if not exactly the same service. With the big guys, they have squads of many technicians and not every one of them are the same. I just want to look more into this situation.

No comments:

Post a Comment