Topic: Computer Technician Services
EQ: "How can a Computer Technician best provide service to a small business?"

Thursday, January 9, 2014

Blog 11: Mentorship 10 hours check

1. Where are you doing your mentorship?
- At my dad's company in the offices maintaining the computers.

2. Who is your contact?
- Tomas Arellano, 1(310) 345-6739

3. How many total hours have you done?
- 19.5 Hours

4. Summarize the 10 hours of service you did.
- I completed the construction of the new computer, there were some problems where it wouldn't turn on, but it was just a matter of making sure all the power cords were put in properly. The fun part was installing the OS and all other software. Unfortunately, the CD-ROM we were going to use initially wasn't of the correct type, outdated you can say, so I had to make a bootable USB with Windows 7 on it so I wouldn't have to have the disc. After a long time, I was able to create it and got the set-up running. Afterwards it gave me an error about drivers not found, I researched it and finally found the solution. Next was installing the drivers for the motherboard and chip-set, but it was on a disc, so I had to get them online, but I couldn't because I needed one to get on the internet, so I got on a different computer, downloaded that specific one and installed it.Then I downloaded the rest of the drivers which took forever that it make me work past midnight.


No comments:

Post a Comment